Our Governing BodyGovernors work closely with headteachers, school staff and trust board.
We have a very active and supportive governing body who are closely involved in all aspects of school life.
Governor Committee Structure
Recent Governor Resignations
- Matthew Atkinson – Headteacher – 31/12/17
- Lisa Addison – Parent – 22/11/17
- Jemma Cook – Parent – 24/4/18
- Helen Middlemas – Parent 31/12/17
- Alison Pearce – Staff 31/8/18
- Beryl Dockerty – LA – 31/12/17
- Andy Lewis-Woodhead – Co-opted – 20/7/18
- John Burton – LA – 04/03/19
- Les Oliver – Co-opted – 26/03/19
- Kaye Marshall – Co-opted – 31/03/19
- Vicky Parnaby – Parent – 06/01/2020
- Louise Dollings - Headteacher - 31/08/2020
- Emma Lowes - Chair - 01/09/2020
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Eden Trust website School Governor section.
Parent Governors are appointed after being elected by parents. Staff Governors are appointed after being elected by staff. Co-opted Governors are appointed by the Governing Body.
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
Bluebell Meadow Primary School adhere to the statutory guidance from the Department for Education.
This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools. For further information please view or download the full document below.
Schools are required to display a record of Governor attendance at meetings for each school academic year.
✓ – Attended meeting
A/A – Apologies sent and accepted by meeting
N – Did not attend
n/a – Not a member of the committee
Record of Attendance 2018-2019
You can also view previous years attendance on our website.
Chair: Mrs Charli Atkinson
Terms of Reference/Areas of Responsibility
- All Teaching Staff appointments
- Headteacher/Deputy Headteacher appointments will be subject to consideration by the full Governing Body and if the appointment is delegated to a panel will need to be endorsed by the full Governing Body
- Non-teaching staff appointments (temporary appointments to be made by the Headteacher and reported to Governors)
- When teaching and non-teaching appointments are made by this committee, shortlisting for those appointments will also be by this committee
- Review temporary contracts on an annual basis
- To ensure that a Performance Management Policy is in place
- Consider staff Leave of Absence (only if necessary after delegation to Headteacher).
Delegation to Headteacher
- Appointment of Temporary non-teaching staff
- Appointment of Supply cover
- All other posts with the involvement of one of more Governor(s)
In matters of Discipline and/or Capability, Redundancy and Ill health.
- First Committee
Virement & Expenditure Limits
|Virement Limits||Expenditure Limits|
|Limit set for Headteacher without prior written approval of Chair or Governing Body||5,000||Any items of expenditure up to||5,000|
|Limit set for Headteacher with approval from Chair of Governors||Between
|Above this limit if item was previously notified to the Governing Body/Finance, Premises & Grounds Committee Prior Finance Committee or
Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.
|Prior Finance Committee or Chair of Governors approval (whichever is the soonest) to be sought outside of this limit and reported at the earliest opportunity.|
NB Any goods/services purchased and works to be carried out are subject to Durham County Council Contract Procedure Rules (January 2014) for quotations
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.